Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hair Dilema...HELP anyone?!?

My hair is have some INSANE issues. Quick background of my 'hair history' : I bleached my hair about a year ago for 2 months...it FRIED my hair, but i knew it would. Since then i have continued dying it - however i dont dye it as often as i used to. Now, my problem is whenever i go to straighten my hair [i have naturally curly hair] the ends get super dry [even with a heat-protecting spray] and then my roots get REALLY greasy and oily feeling - it literally pieces my hair apart and has this disgusting shine that makes it look like i havent washed in days! I've tried using no conditioner or shampoo, tried to make sure i stay and rinse it all out, tried blowing it dry from a distance- but nothing ive tried works. Ive tried everything i could think of that could potentially greasy, I dont use product in my hair - pretty much ever - so its not build up. I dont know what it could be. Im lost on what to do...any help?



Hair Dilema...HELP anyone?!?

One thing you can do is only wash the roots when you wash your hair, and only condition the ends.



Keep in mind that naturally curly hair is naturally dryer and needs to be shampooed much less than straight hair, especially since the hair is damaged and the ends are dry. (I have curly hair and sometimes I go for a full week without washing)In fact, sometimes conditioner alone has enough cleanser in it to actually take the place of shampoo on very dry hair.



Also, is is possible for you to wear your hair curly? It seems that your hair has decided to put up a silent protest against the flat iron. Aveda and Redken and many other high quality lines make some very nice soft, light, curl-defining creams that don't weigh hair down.



Hair Dilema...HELP anyone?!?

hmmm...there are a few other girls that i know with the same problem.....the only thing i can tell ya is to shampoo and condition it daily....and let it air dry for a while....my hair styleist said that if ya just let it do what it natrually wants to then it will restore it's self...because it hates being groose as much as you hate it.....



Hair Dilema...HELP anyone?!?

Try some deep conditioning treatments every week, and stop putting heat on your hair its making it worse. The number one cause of split ends and breakage is the consistent heat you apply to your hair. How many times a week do you curl, flat iron or wave iron your hair? Nevermind, don鈥檛 tell me, I don鈥檛 want to know.



Each strand of your hair is covered in cuticles that protect the inner core of the hair. When heat is applied to the hair, these cuticles stand straight up (you鈥檙e basically blasting open the protective layer of your hair). Using excessive heat will ultimately result in the malfunction of your cuticles鈥hich basically means no protection for your hair. So ladies, or guys, love your hair as is. Invest in some professional product, learn to style with a blow-dryer and for the love of God save the hot tools for at the most once or twice a week and special occasions. But I'd wait a while if I were you to use any hot tools on your hair.



Hair Dilema...HELP anyone?!?

Add baking soda to the water you use for washing your hair. From http://myhair.info



Hair Dilema...HELP anyone?!?

1) wash yr hair in hello hydration by herbal esenses



2) get the Aussie conditioner deep conditioning treatment



3) don't blow dry it makes your hair worse!



4) when u wash yr hair DON'T use conditioner on the top just the BOTTOM itll stop the grease



5) if yr hair still looks greasy dye it darker and you cant tell as bad



Hair Dilema...HELP anyone?!?

i'm a guy, but i agree with cookies' hair stylist. your hair will restore itself naturally. shampoo it everyday, otherwise the chance of psoriasis to grow in your scalp is greater. curly is beautiful, you just have to know how to carry it. not shampooing your hair for days is a mans turn-off too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan