Sunday, June 20, 2010

Had very low testosterone and now take injections. But now I have bad receding hair on one side!?

Ok here is the scoop. Im 45, went to the doc and had male hormone tests done. To find that I had very low levels. I found that I was dragging and my mind was cloudy at times. Libido was very low also. I used the cream with no success, and had to go to weekly injections of .5cc. Well I have felt better and have a bit more muscle mass, BUT I am losing my hair now! I did not have a hair loss problem before. I have been on injections for about a year now. I am not a happy camper now, what should I do? Stop completely? Not sure the doc is concerned about hair loss.



Had very low testosterone and now take injections. But now I have bad receding hair on one side!?

Okay I've taken injections for about 10 yrs now. The gel causes a little less of the side effect you describe, but it still happens. There isn't one bald guy in my family. My dad didn't start thinning until he was 80, my brothers also have all their hair.... additionally, none of them has back hair. But here I am.. lost about half my hair, except for my back, which looks like neanderthal. It's the synthetic T. I've since talked to many guys who have taken it, and it is the same story. Other than using the gel to slow it down a bit, there is nothing much you can do. However, it all depends on how you feel. Hair can be replaced. Or I can shave my head. Or just deal with it. I'd rather have the positive effects of having my hormones in balance than worry about my hair. Mind you I don't like the idea, but it's worth it to me.



Had very low testosterone and now take injections. But now I have bad receding hair on one side!?

DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY.

1 comment:

  1. You Actually need to consult best doctor for hair fall problem ,if you treat it in early stage you can stop hair fall ,for that you need to Visit Best Hair Doctor in Ahmedabad

    ReplyDelete

 
loan