Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cat lost hair but it is growing back?

my 3 1/2 yr old female cat has lot her hair. She is a black long haird fixed female. She is an inside cat with no possible way to get fleas.



about a month or so ago she lost a wide long strip of hair from the mid of her back to her tail. it looked like someone took a BIG razor ( about 3 inches wide) to her. I dismissed it and kept an eye on it because my other cat and her play rough and that is generally the area of attack. lol Well, anyways it is going back now but it is still very noticable. her hair is 3-4 inches long and the new hair is only about an inch.



She has shown no signs of disease, she eats adn drinks and play like normal. The spot was just bald no scratches or redness or anything. But now i can't help but wondered what caused it.



Around that time we got a new dog..not the first dog she lived with and not the first time for that breed of dog. Do you think it was the stress of a new dog? or is there possible something else wrong with my baby? and dont just say vet



Cat lost hair but it is growing back?

I had a similar problem with my cat. She lost hair in straight line from her neck down to her tail. I took her to the vet who advised me that my cat had been burned.



It turns out my ex husband was abusing her and had burned her with boiling water. I left him, by the way, and am happily divorced.



If there are others in your household, I implore you to make sure no one is abusing the cat.



edit: I hope I did not sound accusational, and I have no doubt you love your pets. I was equally boggled by my cats hair loss and felt compelled to tell you.



Your cat may have gotten a fungal infection that he's managed to fight off on his own. You mention that the fur is growing back and that's a good sign.



Cat lost hair but it is growing back?

it was probably the new dog. A new pet can stress a dog or a cat out and cause them to lose hair. If it happens again at a later date then i would take her to the vet. but as long as its growing back then she should be fine. The only other things that could cause that would be fleas or an allergic reaction to something in the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan